Tuesday, September 4, 2018

FOCUS ON THE PRESENT


Just as you should keep your focus off yesterday, you shouldn’t have it on tomorrow. If you’re always thinking about tomorrow, then you’ll never get anything done today. Your focus needs to remain in the one area where you have some control – today. What’s ironic is that if you focus on today, you get a better tomorrow.

I try to do certain things everyday to help me in this area. I read daily to grow in my personal life. I listen to others daily to broaden my perspective. I spend time thinking daily to apply what I am learning. And I try to write daily so that I can remember what I’ve learned. I also try to share those lessons with others. (Today’s lessons become tomorrow’s books.) Every day I read aloud to myself the daily dozen list from my book Today Matters to help me focus and have the right mind-set.

You should do something similar. You can’t change yesterday. You can’t count on tomorrow. But you can choose what you do today.

Give today your focus and reap the benefits tomorrow.


Reference:

Maxwell, J. C. (2007). Maximize your day: 365 days of insights to develop the leader within you and influence those around you. Manila, Philippines: OMF Literature Inc.

No comments: