Wednesday, July 4, 2018

LIFE GIVES YOU WHAT YOU EXPECT


The happiest people in life don’t necessarily have the best of everything. They just try to make the best of everything. They’re like the person in a remote village going to a well every day to get water who says, “Every time I come to this well, I come away with my bucket full!” instead of, “I can’t believe I have to keep coming back to this well to fill up my bucket!”

A person’s attitude has a profound influence on his approach to life. Ask a coach before a big game whether his attitude and that of his players will make a difference in the outcome of the game. Ask a surgeon if the patient’s attitude matters when she’s trying to save that life in an emergency room. Ask a teacher if students’ attitudes have an impact before they take a test.

One of the things I’ve learned is that life often gives you whatever you expect from it. If you expect bad things, those are what you get. If you expect good things, you often receive them. I don’t know why it works that way, but it does. If you don’t believe me, try it out. Give yourself thirty days in which you expect the best of everything; the best parking place, the best table in the restaurant, the best interaction with clients, the best treatment from service people. You’ll be surprised by what you encounter, especially if you give your very best to others in every situation as well.

Begin your thirty-day trial of expecting the best of everything.

Reference:

Maxwell, J. C. (2007). Maximize your day: 365 days of insights to develop the leader within you and influence those around you. Manila, Philippines: OMF Literature Inc.



No comments: